PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My2017 bed wouldn't raise al the way so I gave it a push. I had left the rear lights on, so I was charging the battery. Could not get the thing to start. Opened the bed again and the intake manifold has pulled away from the rubber collars securing it to the engine. The electrical wiring harness had pulled out from the ear sticking off the plastic manifold and the bed cable wrapped around that ear, pulling the manifold out. Seems way too bizarre.

Anyway, having trouble getting it back into the 2 couplings. Are there procedures or concerns taking the manifold couplings off the engine, re-inserting the manifold, and reinstalling the couplings?

Really do not want to jack around trying to load onto trailer and take 40 miles to Dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Loosen the bolt at the back of the plenum. Its on the back side bottom. That will give you the movement you need to seat your TB's.

Put a little grease on the intakes and they'll silde in.

After its all back together.....spray a little carb cleaner around the intake boots where they attach to the head and listen for any rpm change. They are known to leak there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could not get to the bolt at the back. Had to remove the flanges, seat them on the manifold tubes, then jack around trying to get them aligned and the holes lined up. Quite a pain.
If clamps or flange screws are not very tight, it doesn’t like it.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Seriously spray some carb cleaner around the intakes. Many have burnt down do to dust ingestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts