PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another post with a "what goes here" question;
Factory Polaris roof liner, has a nice cut out for something... has to be a dome light right? Opening is centered on the roof liner. See the close up, there are mounting locations. But I don't find a dome light accessory from Polaris that looks like it will fit there. I guess I can search the parts for a Northstar and see if they get one stock that may fit... thats an idea.
Grey Rectangle Automotive tire Art Tints and shades
Rectangle Grey Black-and-white Font Tints and shades

·
Administrator
6,980 Posts
Here is another post with a "what goes here" question;
Factory Polaris roof liner, has a nice cut out for something... has to be a dome light right? Opening is centered on the roof liner. See the close up, there are mounting locations. But I don't find a dome light accessory from Polaris that looks like it will fit there. I guess I can search the parts for a Northstar and see if they get one stock that may fit... thats an idea.
View attachment 140474 View attachment 140475
It is for the dome light.

Can you give me some wider pics of the underside of your roof and some more unit information.
It appears your dealer has given you some new old stock components.

Also, I have the lights, both new and old style.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
108 Posts
It is for the dome light.

Can you give me some wider pics of the underside of your roof and some more unit information.
It appears your dealer has given you some new old stock components.

Also, I have the lights, both new and old style.
Did Polaris stop selling that old style? I cant find it under their site anymore and when i look at the new one it under what units it fits it didnt appear to fit the same units as the legacy one.

·
Administrator
6,980 Posts
Did Polaris stop selling that old style? I cant find it under their site anymore and when i look at the new one it under what units it fits it didnt appear to fit the same units as the legacy one.
Yes, Polaris doesn’t have the old style anymore.
It has been replaced with the new version, however (although hard to believe) some dealers may not have cycled through their old inventory.
The new style roof has all of the extrusions for the rear speakers, roof mounted pulse bar, dome light, and the detachable multi colored light.

Reactions: Gerb4653

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I had my headliner installed I also bought a dome light. When I picked up my rig I was surprised , the new dome my dealer installed was light that can be detached and used like a flash light and can change color or simple blink slowly on and off. I really like this dome light. I have the overhead stereo so the extra light up there is helpful. The install of the dome light looks like it is done at the factory.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
108 Posts
Yup theres two potential lights that can be installed. The rectangular one that fits in the hole in the above picture and the rechargeable unit like you mention. They are both cool although stupid expensive. I like the rechargeable one for the ability to have different colors.

·
Administrator
6,980 Posts
Yup theres two potential lights that can be installed. The rectangular one that fits in the hole in the above picture and the rechargeable unit like you mention. They are both cool although stupid expensive. I like the rechargeable one for the ability to have different colors.
And to add to the expense, if you purchase the new style dome light, you need the roof mounted pulse bar or create your own wiring harness.

Reactions: ridesdirt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have one of the newer removable colored dome lights, and it does require the roof buss bar (or a fabbed wiring harness). Which is okay with me, I have plans for roof mounted light bar and rear facing cubes. So I would rather run one set of wires for the buss bar to the roof, and plug everything else in up there.

This headliner does appear to have the area for the buss bar and speakers (at least I hope it does), but has opening for the larger dome light.

Since I have the new dome light, I may fabricate a trim plate to cover the opening and attach the smaller dome light to it. Can probably make it out of black plastic and have it look okay.

this is a 2020 XP1000 with Ride Command, here is a wider shot.
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Line

I did a google image search for the older style dome light, do you know if this is the older dome light? Said it was for a 2022 570 but may not be accurate.
Rectangle Gadget Communication Device Musical instrument accessory Bumper

and agreed, all are stupid expensive!

·
Administrator
6,980 Posts
Ok, you have all of the updated components.
You are correct on the roof liner, speaker and pulse bar protrusions in the headliner.

Pull your headliner down a bit where the dome light goes.
At the front of the rectangle domelight extrusions, you should have an oval extrusion for the multifunction detachable light.
On the top side of the headliner should be an embossed area for cutting.
Same for the speakers.

I recommend removing the headliner when making the cut outs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts