PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching the show Ranger build section I noticed something rather rewarding. I have been watching the "users browsing this forum" at the top of the project section and on numerous occasions there have been 3 or 4 user (sometimes 6) names listed there for well over and hour and would never post. The only conclusions would be that this is the section they had up when they walked away from their PC, or they are closely studying the topic . Don't want to sound arrogant but I believe that for the most part there are members studying particular topics which naturally feels rewarding to me.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
I'll bet you're right, Neal. The show Ranger build is a great way for anyone to see how things work on these units, but its especially nice for someone who's just gotten a new Ranger and wants to modify or accessorize it in some way. You're leaving virtually no area of the Ranger untouched, so its an easy place to go for reference. You did a nice job on the first build, but on this one you're hitting the cover off the ball, IMO :)

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Ran said:
I'll bet you're right, Neal. The show Ranger build is a great way for anyone to see how things work on these units, but its especially nice for someone who's just gotten a new Ranger and wants to modify or accessorize it in some way. You're leaving virtually no area of the Ranger untouched, so its an easy place to go for reference. You did a nice job on the first build, but on this one you're hitting the cover off the ball, IMO :)
I totally agree, and the biggest improvement is the great write ups and photos. This is letting our members REALLY share with the build!!!!

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Neal

Are you going to need a front sticker for the project, if so, what color? We identified the PRC build with the side decal stickers,the hood stickers and the engraved wood railings on the first unit and I got to wondering what you are doing with this one. It has to be clearly marked to show the PRC connection.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what I envision, if I can match the red (still struggling with this one) I plan to paint the center of the front windshield, roof, and back of cab. I also plan to carry the red across the door with the same lines as the front cowl. I then want three LARGE BLACK PRC badges to place on the doors and the front hood. I think they will really stand out and add a touch class with the black on red.

What do you think ?

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
What size decals are you talking about Neal? Here are photos of the two sizes...

Or are you talking about making the badges part of your decal?

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
I agree, very nice job Neal. The story title hooks people and the photos reel them in!! It's a combination of all the parts put together!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gary Lenon said:
What size decals are you talking about Neal? Here are photos of the two sizes...

I forgot you had those Gary, they are good looking. I think the larger one is a good size for the hood and somewhere in between for the doors. But I may need to try one to see for sure.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW- thanks for compliments guys. I am sure you all can imagine how much time there is involved with the pics and write ups.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
oneal said:
BTW- thanks for compliments guys. I am sure you all can imagine how much time there is involved with the pics and write ups.
Yep...was just thinking about that yesterday. You have some serious time commited to these write-ups. For me (and I assume for you too), the write-ups would be the biggest drudgery. Doing the work would be fun (as long as time allows, that is).

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
oneal said:
Gary Lenon said:

I forgot you had those Gary, they are good looking. I think the larger one is a good size for the hood and somewhere in between for the doors. But I may need to try one to see for sure.
I don't have them any more of the hood decals left...we would have to order some more. I only have the 7" that we purchased. Can they be made into your decal? If not I can order them, once we know for sure what size. I don't want to order any more of the big ones, unless you are sure you are going to use them, but I would be happy to do so if you want them.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
For me, I enjoy both the writing and picture taking almost as much as the actual work but it is indeed a lot of work. Sometimes I go overboard with pics and details but you never know when the picture you thought about leaving off because you assume everyone knows that step, will be the very one somebody needs. Very good job on both Neal, I appreciate the time.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary Lenon said:

How sending me two of the shorter ones Gary. I am not positive on the size nor am I certain the diamond plate background will be right but it is a good way to trial if it's no trouble for you.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
oneal said:
Gary Lenon said:

How sending me two of the shorter ones Gary. I am not positive on the size nor am I certain the diamond plate background will be right but it is a good way to trial if it's no trouble for you.
Ok, will do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts