PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the rangers... and still have my rhino as well. I've been reading about the ranger fans breaking blades in the water. Are the ones you sell prone to that as well? I know you can purchase cut off switch kits to turn the fan off, but I'd rather just have a fan that doesn't break in the water. My rhino has been ridden in water for 5 years now without ever breaking... just wondering whats so difficult about getting a fan that won't break.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Mrmojorisan said:
I'm new to the rangers... and still have my rhino as well. I've been reading about the ranger fans breaking blades in the water. Are the ones you sell prone to that as well? I know you can purchase cut off switch kits to turn the fan off, but I'd rather just have a fan that doesn't break in the water. My rhino has been ridden in water for 5 years now without ever breaking... just wondering whats so difficult about getting a fan that won't break.
Its really the newer fans that have been breaking. My 05 and 09 Rangers were in the mud a lot and I never broke a fan.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 2010 800 crew... I'm pretty sure they were included in the ones that have been breaking? Correct me if I'm wrong cuz I really don't want to have to remember to flip a switch.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Mark, 2010's are known to break fan blades. I broke mine and tore up the radiator when I did. I still cross deep water in mine without a switch, and luckily I haven't had anymore problems. I do make sure the fan is off now before going in though. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's exactly what I want to avoid. It's just really hard for me to believe you can't get a fan for these things that doesn't break in water. I've had so many atvs and sxs that were liquid cooled and never had a fan break on me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts